2020年7月17日 5:38 AM #4560zenkoku-datsumo-salonゲスト
2020年7月11日 12:21 PM #4403Amy Wareゲスト
- Billion Dollar Brand Club: How Dollar Shave Club, Warby Parker, and Other Disruptors Are Remaking What We Buy by Lawrence Ingrassia · 9781250313065
- Echoes Between Us by Katie McGarry · 9781250196040
- Teeny Weenies: The Eighth Octopus: And Other Stories by David Lubar · 9781250187864
- In the Woods by Carrie Jones · 9780765336569
How Our Bodies Shape Our Minds
by Dennis Proffitt, Drake Baer
- Publisher: St. Martin’s Publishing Group (St. Martin’s Press) (July 28, 2020)
- Language: english
- Format: hardcover, 304 pages
- Author: Dennis Proffitt, Drake Baer
- ISBN: 9781250219114 (1250219116)
About The Book
A groundbreaking popular psychology book that explores the deep connection between our body and our brain.
Over decades of study, University of Virginia psychologist Dennis Proffitt has shown that we are each living our own personal version of Gulliver’s Travels, where the size and shape of the things we see are scaled to the size of our bodies, and our ability to interact with them. Stairs look less steep as dieters lose weight, baseballs grow bigger the better players hit, hills look less daunting if you’re standing next to a close friend, and learning happens faster when you can talk with your hands.
Written with journalist Drake Baer, Perception marries academic rigor with mainstream accessibility. The research presented and the personalities profiled will show what it means to not only have, but be, your unique human body. The positive ramifications of viewing ourselves from this embodied perspective include greater athletic, academic, and professional achievement, more nourishing relationships, and greater personal well-being. The better we can understand what our bodies are — what they excel at, what they need, what they must avoid — the better we can live our lives.
FB2 ebook Perception Dennis Proffitt buy cheap on Amazon. PDF Perception for PC. Hardback book Perception read online on Android on Bookshop. MP3 Perception by Dennis Proffitt download.
EPUB book Perception download on Dymocks. MOBI ebook Perception by Dennis Proffitt iPhone. FictionBook book Perception buy on Booktopia. Online Perception Dennis Proffitt read on reader.