- このトピックには1件の返信、1人の参加者があり、最後にzenkoku-datsumo-salonにより1年、 2ヶ月前に更新されました。
2020年7月21日 2:44 PM #5199zenkoku-datsumo-salonゲスト
2020年6月29日 4:33 PM #3498Sergio Riveroゲスト
- The Little Book of Bob: Life Lessons from a Streetwise Cat — James Bowen — 9781250215369
- The Rise of Magicks — Nora Roberts — 9781250123039
- Dance in the Vampire Bund: Age of Scarlet Order Vol. 2 — Nozomu Tamaki — 9781645051992
- Worth a Thousand Words — Brigit Young — 9781250308757
- Within Ash and Stardust — Chani Lynn Feener — 9781250123794
Beyond the Sea
by Paul Lynch
- Publisher: Farrar (March 10, 2020)
- Author: Paul Lynch
- Language: english
- ISBN: 9780374112431 (0374112436)
- Format: hardcover, 192 pages
About The Book
The haunting story of two men stranded at sea pushing against their physical and mental limits to stay alive.
Based partly on true events, Paul Lynch’s haunting and sublime novel Beyond the Sea tells the story of two South American fishermen, Bolivar and Hector, who go to sea before a catastrophic storm. Needing cash, Bolivar convinces his boss to let him fish despite the weather. His fishing partner is nowhere to be found, so he brings Hector, a sullen and inexperienced teenager. The storm arrives, and though the two men survive, they’ve been blown hundreds of miles out in the Pacific Ocean with little hope for rescue.
Coming to terms with their new reality, they are forced to accept their separation from the modern world, their sudden and inescapable intimacy, and the possibilities and limits of faith, hope, and survival. As the days go by, they grapple with the mistakes of their pasts, the severity of their present, and the uncertainty of their future. And though Bolivar and Hector fight to maintain their will to live, nothing in the barren seascape or in their minds promises that they will make it.
Ambitious and profoundly moving, Beyond the Sea explores what it means to be a man, a friend, and a sinner in a fallen world. With evocative prose, Lynch crafts a suspenseful drama that refuses sentimentality or easy answers. Instead, Beyond the Sea is a hard-won and intimate rendering of the extremities of human life, both physical and mental.
Hardcover ebook Beyond the Sea by Paul Lynch Kindle. TXT Beyond the Sea download on IndieBound. PDF book Beyond the Sea buy.