- このトピックには1件の返信、1人の参加者があり、最後にzenkoku-datsumo-salonにより9ヶ月、 1週前に更新されました。
2020年7月18日 1:38 PM #4771zenkoku-datsumo-salonゲスト
2020年7月10日 4:34 PM #4296Jonathan Nelsonゲスト
- Glorious: A Science Fiction Novel by Gregory Benford – 9780765392404
- Almost Missed You by Jessica Strawser – 9781250622136
- Beyond a Reasonable Stout: A Sloan Krause Mystery by Ellie Alexander – 9781250205759
- George Washington, Entrepreneur: How Our Founding Father’s Private Business Pursuits Changed America and the World by John Berlau – 9781250172600
- Groundwork: Autobiographical Writings, 1979–2012 by Paul Auster – 9781250245809
I Hold a Wolf by the Ears
by Laura van den Berg
- Publisher: Farrar (July 28, 2020)
- Language: english
- Author: Laura van den Berg
- ISBN: 9780374102098 (0374102090)
- Format: hardcover, 224 pages
About The Book
An urgent and unsettling collection of women on the verge from Laura van den Berg, author of The Third Hotel.
I Hold a Wolf by the Ears, Laura van den Berg’s first story collection since her acclaimed and prizewinning Isle of Youth, draws readers into a world of wholly original, sideways ghost stories that linger in the mouth and mind like rotten, fragrant fruit. Both timeless and urgent, these eleven stories confront misogyny, violence, and the impossible economics of America with van den Berg’s trademark spiky humor and surreal eye. Moving from the peculiarities of Florida to liminal spaces of travel in Mexico City, Sicily, and Iceland, I Hold a Wolf by the Ears is uncannily attuned to our current moment, and to the thoughts we reveal to no one but ourselves.
In “Lizards,” a man mutes his wife’s anxieties by giving her a La Croix-like seltzer laced with sedatives. In the title story, a woman poses as her more successful sister during a botched Italian holiday, a choice that brings about strange and violent consequences, while in “Karolina,” a woman discovers her prickly ex-sister-in-law in the aftermath of an earthquake and is forced to face the truth about her violent brother.
I Hold a Wolf by the Ears presents a collection of women on the verge, trying to grasp what’s left of life: grieving, divorced, and hyperaware, searching, vulnerable, and unhinged, they exist in a world that deviates from our own only when you look too close. With remarkable control and transcendent talent, van den Berg dissolves, in the words of the narrator of “Slumberland,” “that border between magic and annihilation,” and further establishes herself as a defining fiction writer of our time.
Hardback ebook I Hold a Wolf by the Ears Laura van den Berg buy on Booktopia. Paperback I Hold a Wolf by the Ears read online for PocketBook. PDF book I Hold a Wolf by the Ears Kindle on Bookshop. FB2 I Hold a Wolf by the Ears by Laura van den Berg download. MOBI ebook I Hold a Wolf by the Ears by Laura van den Berg.
Hardcover book I Hold a Wolf by the Ears buy cheap on reader on Walmart. Online book I Hold a Wolf by the Ears read on IndieBound. MP3 ebook I Hold a Wolf by the Ears Laura van den Berg download iPad. TXT I Hold a Wolf by the Ears by Laura van den Berg. FictionBook ebook I Hold a Wolf by the Ears download for PC on Barnes & Noble.