- このトピックには1件の返信、1人の参加者があり、最後にzenkoku-datsumo-salonにより7ヶ月、 3週前に更新されました。
2020年7月20日 8:52 PM #5107zenkoku-datsumo-salonゲスト
2020年7月5日 2:09 PM #4113Bella Crashゲスト
- Kushiel’s Chosen · Jacqueline Carey · 9781250759528
- A Marvelous Life: The Amazing Story of Stan Lee · Danny Fingeroth · 9781250133908
- The New York Times A Puzzle a Day: 365 Crossword Puzzles for a Year of Fun · Will Shortz · 9781250623539
- Girl, Serpent, Thorn · Melissa Bashardoust · 9781250196149
- Wonton Terror · Vivien Chien · 9781250228345
Mr. Straight Arrow
The Career of John Hersey, Author of Hiroshima
by Jeremy Treglown
- Format: paperback, 384 pages
- Publisher: Picador (April 28, 2020)
- ISBN: 9781250251244 (1250251249)
- Language: english
- Author: Jeremy Treglown
About The Book
A monumental reevaluation of the career of John Hersey, the author of Hiroshima.
Few are the books with as immediate an impact and as enduring a legacy as John Hersey’s Hiroshima. First published as an entire issue of The New Yorker in 1946, it was serialized in newspapers the world over and has never gone out of print. By conveying plainly the experiences of six survivors of the 1945 atomic bombing and its aftermath, Hersey brought to light the magnitude of nuclear war. And in his adoption of novelistic techniques, he prefigured the conventions of New Journalism. But how did Hersey — who was not Japanese, not an eyewitness, not a scientist — come to be the first person to communicate the experience to a global audience?
In Mr. Straight Arrow, Jeremy Treglown answers that question and shows that Hiroshima was not an aberration but was emblematic of the author’s lifework. By the time of Hiroshima’s publication, Hersey was already a famed war writer and had won a Pulitzer Prize for Fiction. He continued to publish journalism of immediate and pressing moral concern; his reporting from the Freedom Summer and his exposés of the Detroit riots resonate all too loudly today. But his obsessive doubts over the value of his work never ceased. Mr. Straight Arrow is an intimate, exacting study of the achievements and contradictions of Hersey’s career, which reveals the powers of a writer tirelessly committed to truth and social change.
PDF Mr. Straight Arrow download on Audible. Hardback book Mr. Straight Arrow by Jeremy Treglown buy on iPhone. Online ebook Mr. Straight Arrow for PocketBook. MP3 Mr. Straight Arrow Jeremy Treglown read on Kobo.